Join us seaside for an intro class to watercolor with local artist Mollie Marigold.
ADDRESS: L’Auberge Del Mar | 1540 Camino Del Mar, Del Mar, CA 92014
No previous skills or artistic talent required. All supplies included.
About this class
Want to learn more about intuitive, expressive watercolor? Interested in learning how to create watercolor textures and improve your technique? This class will help you understand the basics of watercolor, and how to layer and create texture. We will be focus on how to paint for the process, while developing your own style.
This workshop will include:
1. Introduction on types of paint used (watercolor and gouache), and how to activate and use each.
2. Explore textures using water, wet on wet, dry brush, and other techniques.
3. Development of leaves, lines, flowers, and blending.
4. How to create your own style.
5. How to utilize color for contrast.
6. How to create expressive, abstract flower blooms.
Watercolor paint kit
You will take home a palette with the artist’s favorite supplies, which will include:
1. 2 watercolor brushes
2. Paint palette
3. Loose watercolor paper